Shipping and Return Policies
Why we charge for shipping.
Here at Sweat Society, we also love to online shop and we know that there is no bigger pain than paying for shipping! We have tried to offer reasonable rates for our customers, but as a small business, shipping is a HUGE expense. We want to be as transparent with our customers as possible, so here are some things to consider when shopping small!
While Canada Post is the cheapest of all the shipping companies, it is still extraordinarily expensive (with rate increases of 10% every year!!).
There are two main things to consider when setting shipping rates - order quantity, and profit margins.
- Order Quantity - As shipment numbers start to grow, corporate rate discounts will increase. This is why the big online corporations are able to offer cheaper, if not free shipping options.
- Profit margins - Small businesses order far less quantities from vendors than the big online corporations. So our base pricing is higher which means we have lower margins from the get-go.
So 1+ 2 = higher shipping rates, and smaller margins. If a small business pays $15 to ship an item to a customer, that $15 gets deducted immediately from already slim profit margins. Profit margins that also have to pay for all other business expenses - website platform, marketing, supplies like envelopes, bags and labels, and the most important - a liveable, competitive wage for employees.
As we continue to grow, we will adjust our shipping rates with that growth. So thank you for browsing through our shop, and supporting small business.
Vancouver - Canada Post
- Customer Pick-up (Free) - Contactless
- Pick-up is in the West End Vancouver
- You will be contacted via email when your order is ready for pick-up (typically within 1 calendar day)
- Flat rate shipping
- No tracking ($) - a Sweat Society rep will likely deliver your order! On the rare occasion we ship it, there will be no tracking included - up to 7 calendar days
- Tracking ($$) - a Sweat Society rep will likely deliver your order, but we'll ensure you receive it ASAP! Tracking will be included if we ship it - up to 2 calendar days
- Free Standard Shipping on orders over $149 - 2 to 4 business days via CanadaPost. Refunding an item that qualified for free shipping is subject to a $15 restocking fee
Outside Vancouver / Within Canada - Canada Post
- Customer Pick-up (Free)
- You can arrange for a friend, or yourself, to pick up your purchase. You will be contacted when your order is ready to ship.
- If you live outside BC, and want to go with this shipping option, an Alberta postal code must be used at checkout or this will not show up - i.e. enter the address of your friend that is picking your order up
- Flat rate shipping
- No tracking ($) - you will be notified when your order has shipped, but it will not include tracking and will take a little longer - 3-10 business days depending on proximity of your province from BC
- Tracking ($$) - you will receive tracking, and you'll receive it sooner - 2-7 business days depending on proximity of your province from BC
- Expedited Shipping ($$$) - 1 to 3 business days via Xpresspost (CanadaPost)
- Free Standard Shipping on orders over $149 - 5 to 7 business days via CanadaPost. Refunding an item that qualified for free shipping is subject to a $15 restocking fee
International - USPS
- We currently only ship to the United States
- $7 flat rate standard shipping across all states. Shipped via USPS
- Free Standard Shipping on orders over $149CAD - Refunding an item qualifying for Free shipping is subject to a $10 restocking fee
- Customers are responsible for any extra duty or charges incurred at the border once shipped
- Shipping timelines will vary depending on customs clearance
- Eastern USA - up to 3 weeks
- Western USA - up to 2 weeks
*There is no free shipping on BFCM and Boxing Day sales*
Sweat Society is a small business. The below return policies were created with our customer's in mind, but also with the margins of a small business in mind. We understand our policies may not be able to able to compete with the multi-million dollar corporations out there and we thank you in advance for considering to shop with us! We will do our best to accommodate requests, but we do stand quite firm on our return policies - especially sale items being final sale. If you have any questions, or need any clarifications before you purchase something, we urge you to reach out. We do our best to respond immediately to all customer inquiries! firstname.lastname@example.org
Typically, all orders using discount codes are final sale.
Orders that use a discount code MAY be issues a store credit or exchange ONLY (NO Full refund). Theses will be processed on a case-by-case basis, and different terms may apply for different discount codes. Please email email@example.com for more information.
All items purchased at a discounted price (this includes discount codes*) are final sale. Underwear + Bikini Bottoms are final sale.
*Orders that use a discount code MAY be issues a store credit or exchange ONLY (NO Full refund). These will be processed on a case-by-case basis, and different terms may apply for different discount codes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are happy to return any unworn, unwashed items within 14 days. All items must be in perfect condition. This means tags must still be attached. There will be no exceptions to this, so please be mindful when trying on your items for the first time.
The 14 days begins the day your order is shipped. Please contact email@example.com to initiate your return.
Sale items are FINAL SALE.
Please note that the return shipping fees must be paid by the customer, and we are unable to refund the original shipping costs incurred at time of purchase. If the original order qualified for, and received free standard shipping, the returned item is subject to a $15 restocking fee.
EXCHANGES - Wrong size? Color was not what you were expecting? We are happy to swap it out for you! You will be responsible for shipping the item back to Sweat Society, but we will cover the shipping costs to get your new size back to you! If you live in Vancouver, you can do an in person exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the 14 day period for returns, also applies to exchanges.
Purchases made at one of our studio locations have a 7 day return policy. All items must be in perfect condition. This means tags must still be attached. There will be no exceptions to this, so please be mindful when trying on your items for the first time.
Items purchased at a studio location can only be returned at the studio in which the purchase was made.
Purchases made at pop-up shops have a 14 day EXCHANGE policy. We will gladly exchange size, or style for you. If an exchange will not work, a store credit will be issued. All items must be in perfect condition. This means tags must still be attached. There will be no exceptions to this, so please be mindful when trying on your items for the first time.
We are MORE than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding sizing, material, general fit, or any question you come up with regarding the items we sell. Please email email@example.com if you have ANY questions at all.